The tiny hamlet of Shallow Pool dates back to the 1600's with 3 small thatched cottages belonging to the Trelawney Estate, believed to have been occupied by Gamekeepers who provided Salmon from the river to the Manor.
In the 1950's, three ladies occupied these cottages and became established doll makers. 'The Shallow Pool Dolls' have become sought after collectors items worldwide.
These cottages look very similar in this view as they do today, although the one on the right has been partially rebuilt and our property (not in view) completely rebuilt. The surrounding area is still untouched and unspoilt.